Now that the Metaverse Standards Forum is incorporated, we are ready to establish the Interim Board of Directors to serve until the full Board election in January 2024. The Board has a pivotal role in shaping the Forum’s success. The Interim Board will be comprised of up to 11 Directors elected by and from Principal members. There will be up to 3 seats reserved for non-Large Enterprises. Any Principal Member may nominate a Director to stand for Board election, however, they must have fully executed the new membership agreement with payment or PO before balloting starts.
Expectations for Directors
- Board members are actively involved in mission-based leadership and strategic governance
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Member company must participate in at least one Forum Domain Group
Examples of relevant background for Nominees
- Previous leadership and/or Board positions
- Experience with collaborative, member-based organizations (e.g., SDOs, non-profits, open-source groups)
- Knowledge and experience of Metaverse technologies and related industries
- Relevant skillset including finance, legal, government affairs, public relations, community experience etc.
- Involvement with Forum activities
The Metaverse Standards Forum remains committed to diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, technical/non-technical abilities, geography, age, gender, and race to ensure we live up to the value of being an inclusive organization representing all aspects of the industry.
The Forum is accepting applications until June 30th. Details from the below application will be shared with the Forum voting membership as part of the ballot process.