# Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
# The team you’ll be part of
Nokia Bell Labs is the world-renowned research arm of Nokia, having invented many of the foundational technologies that underpin information and communications networks and all digital devices and systems. This research has produced nine Nobel Prizes, five Turing Awards and numerous other awards.
As a member of the Applied Analytics and Algorithms Department in Bell Labs, you will develop core technologies and services for enabling the Industrial Metaverse, a framework for bridging the digital and physical worlds associated with next-generation factory and enterprise environments. We are harnessing and extending a range of sensing modalities, extended reality (XR) paradigms, AI/ML, mobile edge computing (MEC) and wireless connectivity (5G/6G), which will converge to power the next-gen universe bridging the digital and physical worlds. You will be creating these technologies and applications to support human cognition, action, and actuation in this new bridged reality. Our international team is based primarily in Murray Hill, New Jersey.
# What you will learn and contribute to
A core service for the Industrial Metaverse is digital twin creation, in which measurements from IoT sensors, RF devices, and cameras are processed to generate a real-time digital model of the environment. This model contains both semantic and spatial information which is used to support applications such as global status monitoring, process optimization, robot and drone path planning, vision-based localization of objects, and 3D visualization with XR headsets. Our collaborative work process combines algorithm development, system-level design, and hands-on experimentation to develop end-to-end prototypes that operate robustly in the real world.
# As part of our team, you will:
– Perform research and design algorithms and processes for digital twin creation, with an emphasis on vision-based techniques.
– Implement and optimize algorithms and processes in Python or C/C++ code.
– Perform tests and characterize performance in real-world industrial environments.
– Collaborate with a wider team of engineers to enable 3D visualization and related extended reality applications.
– Publish results in conferences and journals and create patents
# Your skills and experience
– Master or PhD degree in computer science or engineering.
– Practical experience programming in Python (preferred), C/C++ or MATLAB.
– Expert experience in computer vision and related applications such as structure-from-motion, Multiview stereo, and 3D modelling.
– Experience with machine learning techniques related to computer vision such as semantic segmentation, object detection and classification.
– Experience in XR (Extended Reality)
– Strong mathematical background with ability to learn and apply new technical concepts.
– Desire to collaborate with a globally disperse team and possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Demonstrated ability to drive, influence, and implement new ideas
# It would be nice if you also had:
– Familiarity with adjacent technologies such as wireless networking and communications, cybersecurity, 3D gaming engines, and user interface design.
– Expertise in 3D photography, neural rendering, scene reconstruction, image processing, visual-inertial odometry, state estimation, sensor fusion, mapping and localization
– Expertise in visual localization, 3D modelling and Web Augmented Reality Experiences
– Experience with Industrial IoT paradigm, Digital Twins hosted in Private/Public Clouds
– Familiarity with adjacent technologies such as wireless networking and communications, cybersecurity, 3D gaming engines, and user interface design
– Experience with Unity and/or Unreal
# What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
# Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
– One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
– Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
– Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
– LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
# Additional Information
Vaccination Requirements: FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com